Day 1: Arusha – Momella Gate – Mariakamba Hut (4,921ft – 8,250ft, 10 km, 4 – 6 hrs)
After getting our breakfast from our lodge in Arusha we drive to Momela Gate. After a short registration at the Gate our walk will begin with full armed ranger escorting us, simply we can see along the way the wild animals including elephants, zebras, and giraffe , monkeys, antelope, and often elephants along the route, dinner and overnight night at Miriakamba Hut.
Day 2: Mariakamba Hut – Saddle Hut (8,250 ft – 11,712ft, 8 km, 3 – 5 hrs)
After breakfast we walk from Miriakamba Hut to the saddle below Little Meru is a short day but a steep climb. The walk will take us slowly along the ridge for a spectacular view of the Meru Crater and the impressive Ash Cone.
After hot lunch at Saddle Hut we can make a short climb to the summit of Little Meru (12,533ft) for superb views just before sunset, dinner and overnight night at Saddle Hut.
Day 3: Saddle Hut – Socialist Peak – Mariakamba Hut – Arusha (11,712ft – 14,977ft – 8,250ft – 4,921ft, 5 km ascend, 23km descend, 4 – 6 hrs ascend, 6 – 10 hrs descend)
We start early at around 12:00a.m. or 1:30 a.m. to climb steeply to Rhino Point (12,467ft) and on to Cobra Point (14,272 ft). We reach the summit (4,566 m / 14,980ft) on time for sunrise there is a possibility to see Kilimanjaro Peak above the clouds. The final part of the climb is along a spectacular narrow ridge line between the sheer inner cliffs and the sloping outer wall of the crater. We take a short rest and brunch at Saddle Hut before continuing the descent to Momella Gate. Our vehicle will be waiting at the Momella Gate to pick us to Arusha for dinner and overnight in our hotel / lodge.
Rate including VAT:
Per person $952
- Transfer to/from Arusha National Park
- Overnight stays in Mountain Huts
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- All Park fees
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Large portions of fresh, healthy nutritious food
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Crisis management and safety procedures
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- Airport transfers
Items not included:
- Accommodation in Arusha ( Can be arranged upon request )
- Tanzania Visa
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc)